1. In Quebec and elsewhere in the world, the LÉGER FOUNDATION works to promote the dignity of the most underprivileged people, whatever their origin or religion.
2. The LÉGER FOUNDATION pursues the dream and vision of Cardinal Paul-Émile Léger, who has built a monumental endeavour.
3. In 1981, a special act of the Canadian Parliament created the Jules and Paul-Émile Léger Foundation to honour the two brothers and ensure that the endeavours created by Cardinal Léger would endure.
4. When you give, you also receive tax credits.
5. Planned gifts (bequests, charitable annuities, gift of life insurance policies) allow you to continue to help, even after your death. They also allow you to fill the financial gap created by today’s economic situation. You give back to society some of what you have received.
6. The LÉGER FOUNDATION has more than 65 years of experience in international cooperation. It has acquired a know-how that allows it to get maximum results.
7. The LÉGER FOUNDATION works with solid partners who are familiar with local conditions.
8. Once a community organization has submitted a request for funding, the request is examined by a committee made up of volunteers from various areas before being approved by the Board of Directors.
9. The organization’s internal processes and controls are reviewed by a committee of experts.
10. Donation management is exemplary.